BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 10, 2010

My bull headed little girl


So Maddy and I have been going the rounds lately over naps. She wants nothing to do with them and I feel like she still needs one a day. One day she was particularly set on not taking a nap, but I insisted and put her in her crib. I listened to her scream for about a half an hour and then it went silent. I figured she had finally given in and went to sleep so I crept in to see and this is what I found. She had thrown everything out of her crib and then stripped herself completely naked (you can see her pajamas and diaper on the floor) and then I don't know if you can see by the picture but there is a huge spot of pee in the middle of the bed. What a stinker! Needless to say there was no nap this day.
Here are some other pics from throughout the summer. Here is one of Maddy in our little pool playing in the backyard.

In light of Halloween almost here I figured I better put this one on. I was in a hurry and wanted to grab some books for the road so I put them in this pumpkin. As soon as we got in the car, she dumped all the books out and put the pumpkin on her head, silly baby!

Playing on the playground at the splash park.
Sitting in her rocking chair watching a movie.
This picture makes me laugh. Cody has always had a thing for electronics so when the ipad came out he had to have one. He saved and scrimped and worked some extra events and was able to buy one. This is how I found him in the living room. He has his iphone hooked into the laptop and then he was surfing the internet on the ipad.
We took Maddy to the zoo on Labor Day. It was literally a zoo at the zoo. There were so many people there you could hardly even walk. Here is Maddy and Cody enjoying the crowds. You gotta love how they have the same exact look on their faces. :)
There is a really neat museum called the Treehouse Museum pretty close to our house. Maddy loves it so much that we bought a membership there. Here she is playing in the tea room.
Ridding on one of the horses.
Feeding a baby in the nursery.
So I have finally given up on trying to force her to take naps and instead I just let her crash out somewhere in the house. Here she is snoozing on her chair in her room.
Here we are at the Treehouse again. This time Maddy and I are milking a cow.
Here is daddy playing cowboys and indians with Madison.
Playing the drum.
Playing in the school room.
Back in the tea room having a tea party with daddy.
I never thought that I would see the day that I would see my very manly husband in a pink chair having a tea party. So funny, what that little girl can convince her daddy to do with her. :)
Here is Cody playing in the music room.

5 comments:

chantelle said...

Way cute Jen. That Treehouse Museum sounds so fun. We need more fun things here. Maddy is so adorable, I can't believe how fast she is growing.

crystal carlson said...

Maddy is such a cutie pie! I can't believe how big she's getting! Jace did the exact same thing for naps too--it lasted several weeks & then he started doing better, so hopefully Maddy does that too! Such a cute family & you look great Jen :)

Ashley said...

I love the pic of Cody in the chair, and Maddy and you milking the cow! So cute.
Maddy is darling. I love her little personality too.

Chance and Beth said...

What a stinker, we're fighting naps right now too! Good luck. She is such a cutie though!!

Anonymous said...

Cody....you need to curl your pinky finger while drinking tea...Dad