BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Happy birthday Madison!!

So I am a little bit behind on my posts, but December 31st was Maddy's 1st birthday. It was really hard for us to believe that our princess was a year old already. She is so much fun. She is constantly making us laugh. She now has a vocabulary of a few words. She can say dad, mom, cat, Gus, and shoes. She is in love with shoes already. She can be very upset and crying and if you even mention the word shoes, she will stop crying and in a very sweet voice say shoes. One of her favorite words right now is uh oh. She says it all the time about everything. She actually even says it before she does something that is an uh oh. I can't help but laugh every time she says it no matter what she does because it is just so dang cute. She is very active. I have to keep an eye on her because she has become somewhat mischievous already. I accidentally left the bathroom door open one day and when I realized what I had done and how quiet she was being I ran in there, she had put a whole roll of toilet paper and two bottles of shampoo in the toilet and was trying to flush it. On another occasion, she got a hold of a bottle of baby cologne, got the lid off (no idea how) and then dumped it on the floor and rubbed it all over in her hair and on the floor. I quickly realized what was going on so I stripped her clothes off, including her diaper and threw her in her crib while I tried to get it off the floor. She loves to roll around her in crib and on this occasion it was extra funny because she had no clothes on. So she stood up on her head and put her bum in the air and than peed down her front and into her mouth. I about died! She is quite the character. She loves to dance. She is constantly clapping her hands, head banging, and shaking her body back and forth. She is pretty much toothless still. She has one little tooth coming in on the bottom that she is very proud of. She is generally very picky about letting you touch her mouth but ever since that tooth came in she is constantly showing it off to Cody and I. She has officially started walking. It is really slow still but she is definitely going. She loves it. She is very independent so it is something that she has been very frustrated over for months. We are so happy to have this little girl in our lives. She truly gives our lives meaning. Happy Birthday my sweet baby girl. We love you so much!
We decorated for her party while she was taking a nap. She was very confused when she woke up and saw the decorations. She kept pointing at everything and talking.

My sisters kids having some pizza in their party attire. :)
The grandma's of course getting everyone else taken care of before eating their own.
Chandler in his party hat.... very cute! :)
Mmmmm pizza! Her favorite!
Cody, Kirsten, and Chandler
Pin the tail on the donkey.
I made everyone try on a party hat. :) Here is my mom and dad.
She LOVED the cake. I didn't know how she was going to react to it but she dove in and ate the whole thing!


Quite the mess! She loved the cake so much that when we were cleaning up later we looked over and she was picking up the crumbs on the floor and eating them. NASTY!

Wow, bath toys!
Hailey, she was very confused when she realized that the vacuum was not for her and that it had to stay at our house.




Cody helping Hailey open the vacuum.

Grandpa Chandler and Maddy.
We get a TON of snow in Odgen. Thanks heavens for this 1980's snapper Cody picked up a couple years. I had to get a picture of him in his hat with it..... It goes great with the snow blower for sure.
Maddy in her Christmas dress. I had a really rough time getting a picture. She was not interested in sitting still.

I love this picture. Her and her daddy were talking and this is a picture Cody took. She loves her daddy!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh she is just way too darling! I can't believe how fast time flies. She sounds like a character. I can't believe she stood on her head and peed in her mouth! AH! hahaha

Chance and Beth said...

So cute! Happy Birthday!! What a fun party!

crystal carlson said...

Happy B-day Madison! She is such a cutie & it looks like she had a great birthday!