July was a pretty crazy month. A few days after Cody and I got home from the camping trip on the below blog we found out that my great grandma had died. She was (I think) 98 years old and had lived a very fulfilled life. She passed away very peacefully on the morning of the 4th of July. We were all very sad to hear that she had passed but knew that my great grandpa was very excited to finally be reunited with his sweetheart at last. The funeral ended up landing 2 days before my little brothers wedding, so before we could even really get things unpacked, we were headed off again to Idaho. The funeral was a really nice service and I think that we all left feeling uplifted and joyous to have been able to share in the life of such an amazing woman. Straight from there we went to planning and setting up for Joe and Meranda's wedding. I will admit, it was quite hectic. It has been so long since one of us has gotten married that it was almost like we had forgotten how much work actually goes into it. We ended up procrastinating doing the flowers and all the food until the night before, so us girls (mom, Liz, Becca, and me) ended up staying up until 4 in the morning the night before the wedding. As you can imagine we got some REALLY good bonding time in and some really incoherent conversations. :) The wedding ended up being really nice. We all love Meranda and are very excited to have her as part of our family.
I got home from the wedding and realized that I didn't take hardly any pictures, this was one of the few ones that I had taken.... a picture of little Chaz that pretty much sums it all up! :)
Pretty much immediatly after we got home from the wedding Cody and I packed our camper up and headed to Wyoming to go white water rafting. We had a ton of fun. One of the nights we went into Jackson to eat. I am not sure if it was just because we had been camping for so long of if the food was really as good as we thought, but it was one of the best meals that I have had in a long time.
Poor baby! It was way past her bed time before we got sat down to eat. She immediatly fell asleep in her carseat.
Cody and I before heading out on the water. My mom kept asking if she could keep Madison. I couldn't figure out why she was so insistant on taking her until I realized that she thought Maddy was coming on the rafts with us. What a mean daughter I am because I totally played along with it and told her that we had gotten a little life jacket for her and that she would be fine. :) I know, I am awful. If I hadn't been worried that she was going to loose it and take my baby and run off then I would have played into it a little bit longer. So, mom, here is the proof that Maddy did not float down the river with us.
I had to throw this one in there was well. This picture doesn't show it very well, but little Maddy has started to sit up all by herself. She is getting more and more independent every day.... sigh. I find myself actually sad sometimes that she is growing so fast.
Look at that face. Cody and I are in big trouble, how could you ever get mad at a face like that!





5 comments:
She is so sweet! I love those little cheeks! It sounds like you had some fun family time, and some fun camping time too. Good for you. I love summer. So much fun stuff going on. Oh, and I hear you about the baby growing up thing, it really does stink. It's so fun to watch them grow and learn, but before you know it your little baby is going to be turning 3! AGH!
Rafting looks so fun, I have been wanting to go. Maybe next year...Lol about telling your mom you were taking Maddy rafting. I can just picture my mom saying the same thing, every time we tell her we are going biking or somewhere that sounds even remotely dangerous she immediately offers to watch my kids.
Maddy is sooooo cute & getting so grown up! I'm glad you guys have been having fun camping & rafting--sounds like a blast! I can't believe you guys stayed up till 4--you must have been really tired the next day!
I can sure relate to those incoherent late night sister conversations. Usually some embarassing fact about somebody's husband is revealed--it's great fun! Your baby is cute, I love her chubby cheeks.
I want to play with her soo bad! Like everyone said her cheeks are so cute and squishy! She looks so much like the BOTH of you now! We will have to do something sometime so Bridger can see his girlyfriend!!
Post a Comment